FAQsFrequently Asked Questions
What is Gone But Not Forgotten?
Gone But Not Forgotten provides weekly home checks that consist of a thorough inspection of your home and property by experienced staff. After each home check you will receive an emailed report of the inspection and documentation of any issues that need to be addressed.
Weekly home checks allow us to
- Survey the perimeter of your property and inspect the interior and exterior of the house
- Identify any maintenance issues
- Run faucets and flush toilets
- Ensure all heating, cooling and water systems are working properly
- Check for frozen pipes, ice dams, or other potential damage(s)
- Keep your property free of flyers, papers, etc. that could signal prolonged absence
- Identify pest and infestation issues
- Check for security issues
GBNF offers valuable services* to our second homeowners allowing them to enjoy a relaxing stay and benefit from everything the Taos area has to offer. Arrangements for the following services are available:
- Alarm Response, Meeting Law Enforcement, Coordinating repairs, if necessary
- Hot Tub Inspection & Maintenance
- Drip Irrigation Service, Start Up, Monitoring, and Shut Down
- House Cleaning & House Keeping services
- Maintenance & Repair Services
- Landscape & Yard Services
- Snow Removal
- Grocery Delivery
- Deliveries to your home
- Transportation to and from the airport in your own vehicle
- Baby Sitters*All services are priced based on the needs of the client and not included in the monthly service fee.
Arrival & Departure Services
In addition to weekly home checks, GBNF also provides services* to help prepare your home for your arrival and departure. These services include:
- Setting thermostats to desired temperatures, turning on boilers, pre-heating hot tubs, etc
- Coordinating snow removal and landscaping services
- Arranging cleaning and house keeping services to make your stay more comfortable
- Dis-arming and re-arming home alarm systems
- Coordinating home access and departure
*All services are priced based on the needs of the client and not included in the monthly service fee.
How Can I Trust Gone But Not Forgotten and Its Staff?
GBNF is licensed and insured and has provided hands on, personal on-site services for 10 years. Please take a moment to read our Client Testimonials. References are provided upon request.
How Much Does It Cost?
For basic GBNF home management services, our clients are charged a flat rate per month. Additional services are assessed based on the client’s needs.
What Should I Expect From a Home Check?
GBNF checks clients’ homes on a weekly basis with a detailed checklist to ensure a thorough inspection of the exterior, interior, and all parts of the home. Each week the homeowner will receive an email report. If there is a problem, GBNF can help coordinate repairs as needed. In an emergency, GBNF will contact you immediately and take necessary actions on your behalf should we not be able to reach you.
What If I Want To Let My Friends and/or Family Use My Home?
GBNF will be happy to help coordinate the stays of your friends and family and provide them with any special services as needed. We can open the home and be there to provide them with the keys and any instructions for using the home. We can also coordinate cleaning services after they leave to make sure they have left the home in the condition you would like it to be.
Why Do I Need a Home Management Service?
As your home sits vacant throughout the year, a variety of situations can occur that need your attention. From pipes freezing, boiler failure, roof leaks, and pest infestations, many expected and unexpected issues can arise. While you can take preventative steps to reduce these circumstances, it is impossible to plan for everything. Extreme weather and high altitude can create unforeseen damaging effect on a house. By being physically present in the house each week, we can prevent most problems from occurring or at least minimize the overall damage thus saving you both time and considerable money.
How is Gone But Not Forgotten Different From a Rental Property Manager?
There is a difference between property management and rental property services. GBNF does not provide rental property services. GBNF property management services provides experienced, hands on, on-site home care and home security.
Can Homeowners Be Part of a Rental Program and Use GBNF Services?
If GBNF homeowners wish to periodically rent out their home using rental by owner services, we are happy to help with client management. These services* include:
- Check in/out services and inspections
- Arranging pre and post visit housekeeping services
- On-call representative for client’s needs*All services are priced based on the needs of the client and not included in the monthly service fee.
How Do I Sign Up For Gone But Not Forgotten Property Management Services?
If you’re ready for GBNF to start watching and caring for your home, please call Greg Payton at (575) 770-6181. You can also email Greg at email@example.com
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN, LLC
P.O. BOX 3087
RANCHOS DE TAOS, NM 87557